Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rex Update

Ben and I realized last night that we have not been taking pictures of our little Rex... He has changed a lot in the last three weeks and we haven't even thought to document it.

We had to take him to the doctor on Monday because he had a clogged tear duct. I could tell that he really didn't feel well, but after a week of antibiotics he is back to good health. Please continue to pray for him to stay healthy this winter as RSV and Rotavirus are a huge risk for him.

We have been working with the Lactation Consultant, Kristi, and Gateway. She has been wonderful in helping Rex and I learn how to nurse. I told her that I thought that he was getting about 3oz to eat because that is what he took from a bottle. She told me that she didn't think so since newborns his age only take about an ounce to and ounce and a half and bottle fed babies tend to overeat because they get milk faster from a bottle. However, on Friday she weighed him before he ate and he was just over 6lbs 1oz... after he ate she weighed him again and he was 6lbs 4oz. What can I say he, eats like a little piggy! He is beginning to outgrow some of his preemie clothes so I am getting the newborn size ready. I still look at some of his clothes that are 3 months and up and think there is no way that he will ever fit in them because they look so big, but I'm sure he will be in them before we know it.

Today is my due date and he will be 4 weeks old
tomorrow... we feel blessed to have had him for an extra month! After thanksgiving we are going to take him to get his 1 month pictures made (it is super convenient that my dad is a budding photographer). Till then here are some pictures we took last night.

4 comments:

Em said...

It is amazing how they outgrow those preemie clothes so quickly. Sometime preemies grow extra fast to make up for the small start.

Don't be surprised if he fits in 12 month clothes by summertime. Austin was born at 2 1/2 pounds in September and he wore some 12 month shirts and pants the next year.

I'm so glad Rex is growing and doing well!

Susan Wyatt said...

Rex is so cute. Love the pictures. Hard to imagine that he is the size he is and could have still been in your belly a few weeks ago. The twins are only 2 weeks old and I still think about that. Look forward to getting to meet him someday, but are thankful to get to watch him grow up through the blog.

Susan

Mindy said...

So cute! He'll be in those 3 mos. clothes before you know it. Ella will be 9 mos. tomorrow & she's wearing 12-18 mos. clothes (no joke!). Take lots & lots of pictures. You'll be so glad you did when they're 7 (almost 8) years old. I wish I had taken many more of Wesley.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

 
Made by Lena