Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catching Up

I know... I have not been good at blogging. We have had a whole lot going on lately. I'm sure that everyone has heard by now that we are expecting. Baby Reed is due to come November 23 (Bible Sunday). We have had two doctor visits and so far everything is progressing normally. It was so amazing to hear the little heart beat and see Baby Reed moving around, being pregnant became so much more real. As long as the baby cooperates we should find out the sex June 26. I have no mother's intuition about what it is, but last night someone in our community group told me she thought it was a boy because of the way I am starting to show. She has had two boys so she may know what she is talking about. We really don't have a preference either way, but I did see a glimmer in Ben's eye when she said that. I am starting to feel more "normal" in that my sickness seems less and less frequent, but I still have days when no matter what I do I feel exhausted all day. I will be 4 months on Sunday (I will try to remember to post a picture so you all can see the little baby bump).

Pregnancy has really changed me. I seem much more mellow and don't really like being in large groups or being touched any more. I'm sure that's a combination of hormones, not feeling well, and being tired. Oh, and my emotions have been off the charts lately. I have also discovered that "pregnancy brain" is very real. I truly can't remember anything anymore (I have had some moms tell me that they never got their brain back after pregnancy). Also, I tell Ben that the baby is already taking after him because I have become a much earlier riser in the morning and crave sweets more often. I'm sure more changes are to come.

Other than that, we have had several friends here to visit us, my brother's graduation from UT, my grandmother has been in and out of the hospital, and the regular hustle and bustle of life. It's been a busy month for sure. We leave for the beach on friday, but after that it's back to receptions, weddings, and home improvements before Baby comes.

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

Laura I am so happy for the both of you! I pray rhat you have a great pregnancy. You are now one of 5 people that I know that are pregnant. It must be the time for all of the women around our age to have babies. My little girl will be one tomorrow. I will post new pictures of her soon, just visit our blog.

Susan Wyatt said...

I've known you were pregnant for a while, but haven't told you congratulations yet! We are really excited for you and Ben. I think I fall in the category with the women who didn't get their brain back. I'm almost sure half of it went out with Jack... there is no telling what will happen as we progress with the twins. It's an exciting time. We can't wait to hear what your having. Donna was telling me about what your nursery colors might be, sounds real cute. You'll have to post pictures when you get it all set up. I know you've got a while to get that taken care of. Get ready for the most fun experience of your life, being a Mommy!

Susan

 
Made by Lena