Monday, January 12, 2009

Making Up for Lost Time

I got a new camera for Christmas (Canon PowerShot A1000IS in blue) and it has made it so much fun to take pictures of Rex. Don't get me wrong, I love taking pictures with my D50, but it's not always convenient. I love that I can throw this little point and shoot in my diaper bag and have it at hand whenever a photo-op pops up. Here are some current pics of our little guy.

A couple of weeks ago he started smiling when you talk to him and cooing. When we sit him in his bouncy seat he just stares and the cow and bird and smiles at them and talks to them. We haven't been able to get his full smile on camera, but here are some cute grins.

Fun relaxing with Daddy... one of Rex's favorite pastimes.
We took him for his 2 month check up Friday. He is growing and progressing wonderfully! He was 9.8 lbs which still just puts him in the 3% for weight and is 21 inches long which puts him in the 1% for height, but his growth curve looks really good and is actually steeper than average. He's just making up for lost time and should be caught up with his peer size wise by the time he is about 5 or 6 months.

2 comments:

Em said...

Rex is such a cute baby! I love those grins. Enjoy him while he is little. They grow so fast!

Mindy said...

Look at those cute lil' cheeks he's getting. He looks like both of you for sure. Hope things went well today & he recovers quickly.

 
Made by Lena