Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Great Find- Knock Off Wood

It's true, I love the Pottery Barn... If I had the money, my house would look like the glossy pages of their catalogs that come to my house at least once a month. Alas, a one income pastors salary does not afford the simple, classic designs of the Pottery Barn. I like to think that I am thrifty enough to take the ideas I find there and find similar pieces elsewhere for a much more affordable price... Well my friends, if you are like me in this fetish and you are crafty/handy or have a friend or relative that is, I've found a goldmine for you.
I was reading fellow pastor's wife and friend Susan's blog where she posted her first building project. She mentioned she got the plans from a blog called Knock Off Wood. I visited the site and was blown away at the projects I found... I don't know if I will be as adventurous as Susan and attempt to build my project list myself... I may be delegating it out. Watch out Daddy, Pops, and Ben... I'm making my list to send your way.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I saw Susan's post the other day, too & have been making a list of things I want to build. I may even attempt the dollhouse bookshelf this weekend.
I have drawn up so many plans for an entertainment center for my mom (a very talented woodworker) to help me build. I was so excited when I saw all the different plans on that site for entertainment centers/bookshelves/armoires. Now I can have pottery barn furniture on a thrift store budget.
Anyways, just sharing in your excitement.

SomethingClever said...

Love this website! Thank you!

 
Made by Lena